vrijdag 7 september 2012

Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation & concealer

Excuse the poor iPhone quality of this picture, I'm currently at uni and forgot/lost my SD card at home (dohh!)  so now I'm bound to my trusty old iPhone camera.



Well now, let me introduce you to my most loved/hated product. A product which I sometimes love so much that I just can't get enough of it and wear it every day, but also sometimes hate so much that it disappears into my huge box of make up and doesn't see daylight for a few weeks. Yes, it's one of the most famous and loved foundations of half the female population- Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation.
I've used this foundation when I was 16 and loved it so much that I wore it everyday, until it got empty. Then, being the beauty-obsessive I am, I did naturally have to purchase and try another foundation, so I've never really thought about this little gem again. Then, when I saw Kate (which is one of my favourite beauty bloggers out there, she is literally one of the most gorgeous persons ever and really knows her skincare!) blogging about it and bearing in mind how gorgeous and healthy yet still natural her skin does always look, I decided to cave in and buy it. I first got matched and the colour was terrible on me- it was at least 4 shades to dark and it made me look like a giant orange. So a littlewile later I decided to buy the lightest shade available in Belgium, 2N2, Fresco. Now that's one thing I don't really like about this foundation; it's still too dark for me. This foundation has got much lighter shades that would fit caucasion skintones so much better, but they just don't seem to be available anywhere in Belgium. Another thing that I don't really like about this is that it sometimes can feel a little bit too heavy. Another downside about this is that it doesn't have a pump. MAC foundation pumps do fit, but I don't own any MAC foundation, sigh.

But I think I'm in the loving-phase right now. Yes, I'm wearing it again every single day, and yes, I love the finish, the coverage it gives and that, even though this claims to be "medium to full coverage", it still does look so very natural. I first warm a little bit of this foundation up on the back of my hand and then buff it in really well into my skin- application is key with these kind of foundations. I don't find that I need to use any powder on my oily skin, which is such a plus since powder can make this foundation look a little bit over the top and very cakey. I find that my skin doesn't really get oily throughout the day, which is most certainly a plus! It does last me all day, which is never the case with any foundation I wear, so yeah, it's pretty darn amazing ;).

The Double Wear concealer however, is what I've been calling my all-time favourite concealer since I got it. It's full coverage yet still looks natural. I do, however, only use this on blemishes and other little imperfections on my skin and then use the Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat under my eyes. I love it. It's such a great colour match (I wear 01 - Light, which is the lightest shade) and I love it. I don't find that I need to use any/much concealer when I'm wearing Double Wear on it's own, but when I'm in a 'hate' phase with Double Wear, I do use a very light foundation and then this and the Touche Éclat and I feel pretty darn great, too. I couldn't recommend this enough, and even though it's so much more expensive than the famous Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, which they don't sell here, this is such great value for money and I will definitely be repurchasing this. This one does also have a better colour range, which might be worth considering ;)

Have you ever tried Double Wear foundation and/or the Double Wear concealer? I've never seen anyone talking about the concealer, which I thought was quite odd! Will you be trying them out after reading this review?




2 opmerkingen:

  1. I've tried both, I found with the foundation is looks too mask like on me.. maybe i was matched to the wrong shade too?!

    I've recently started using the concealer and it is so so amazing. I went out today with just concealer on my skin (instead of foundation and concealer combined) which is something I've never done before!

    Great review!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Yeah, I had the same when I got matched the wrong shade! I always find that when I get matched by a professional I do always end up with the wrong shade, haha. Great to hear you're loving it too! It's so amazing! Thank you so much!

      xx

      Verwijderen